By BikeBack at 12:00 on 15/01/13
1 comments... add your comments below
Bring a bike, buy a bike! Life Cycle is holding a Bike Donation Day at Horfield Prison to collect unwanted bikes to recycle. This is also a chance to purchase a bike already refurbished by the project.
Do you have an unused, unwanted or unloved bicycle you don't need anymore? If so, bring it along to our Bicycle Donation Day at Horfield Prison, this Tuesday 29th January.
Life Cycle needs donations of more bikes to recycle through our bike recycling scheme based at Horfield Prison. Life Cycle works with prisoners teaching them the skills to refurbish old bikes. Once refurbished and checked over by a qualified mechanic, they are sold at affordable prices with the aim of helping people on low incomes to start cycling. The scheme saves old bikes from landfill, teaches prisoners employability skills and provides a supply of refurbished bikes for the community.
We will be accepting donations of unwanted bikes between 10am - 4pm. Any bike, any age, any condition, we'd love to have it. To find us, head into the prison car park, turn hard right and follow the signs!
The Donation Day will also be a chance to purchase a bike already refurbished by the project, with a stock of around 30 bikes ready to view, try out and buy on the day.
Adult bikes are mostly priced between £50 and £150, although we will also have a few high quality bikes going up to £250. We will also have a small selection of kids bikes and a range of quality locks and lights, from just £5.
Five good reasons to buy a bike from us:
1. Bikes are reasonably priced.
2. After being refurbished by Prisoners, all bikes are thoroughly checked by Life Cycle's experienced Cytech qualified mechanic to ensure they are working well and safe.
3. The project is teaching prisoners at HMP Bristol mechanical and general employment skills and providing them with something meaningful to do whilst inside.
4. BikeBack reduces waste and makes good use of valuable resources.
5. The project is getting people on bikes, reducing congestion and pollution in Bristol.
When - January 29th, 2013 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Bristol, BS7 8PS
Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
£250 - £300 pa
£550 - £601 p day