By Vegucate at 21:57 on 05/02/13
0 comments... add your comments below
Wanna eat healthily and compassionately without giving up your favourite treat foods?
Do you wonder why we love dogs, eat pigs and wear cows?
The 'Vegucate Bristol Film Series' is tailor-made for you!
It shows you the all-round benefits of a plant-based lifestyle through screenings of life-altering, award-winning documentary films on this subject over 6 weeks, every Tuesday evening from April 2nd to May 7th.
Film shown tonight: Got the Facts on Milk? (aka. 'Milk Documentary')
- GOT THE FACTS ON MILK? questions the conventional wisdom of the much publicized health benefits of milk and dairy products.
- Trailer available at http://tinyurl.com/a6vaxd5
- More info available on http://tinyurl.com/7bktpku
The evening also includes:
FREE pizzas and snacks | cookery demo | discussion
- All food served is 100% plant-based.
- All funds raised go to Vegfam charity, who feeds the hungry across the globe without animal exploitation.
- Date: 16 April 2013 (Tues.)
- Time: 6:30 – 10pm
- Venue: Polish Club, 50 St Paul’s Rd, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1LP, United Kingdom
- Admission FREE, donations welcome! (Suggested donation: £2)
- Capacity: 150 people (strictly FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)
- No prior reservations required, admission begins at 6:30 and ends at 7:00 sharp, so arrive early to avoid disappointment!
Schedule (subject to minor changes):
6:30 - 7:00 FREE pizzas and snacks
7:00 - 7:25 Cookery demo (chef TBC)
7:30 - 9:00 Film 'Got the Facts on Milk?'
9:00 - 9:15 Snacks
9:15 - 10:00 Discussion (panel members TBC)
Film series links:
April 2nd (Vegucated) http://tinyurl.com/a2gckh6
April 9th (Planeat) http://tinyurl.com/bj6lpo9
April 16th (Got the Facts on Milk?) http://tinyurl.com/adscqsu
April 23rd (Vegucated) http://tinyurl.com/bk4kxhb
April 30th (Forks over Knives) http://tinyurl.com/an9d7qr
May 7th (Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home) http://tinyurl.com/a2jqmme
Volunteers are welcome! If interested, please get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also welcome any support from you in providing food for the nights – a perfect opportunity to show off your cookery skills! (We would deeply appreciate it if all food providers could make sure all food served is 100% plant-based)
For further enquiries, contact our community Vegucate Bristol by email at email@example.com or by phone on 07786850945.
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2013